Thursday 8 January 2015

Happy news!

Hi friends!
Long time no post.
Sorry, I've been quite poorly with a rotten chest infection.
Christmas and New Year were both non-events to all intents and purposes.
Then once all the Christmas cards were taken down, and the prospect of not making any for months, made me lose me mojo a tad!

WELL NO MORE!!!

I've been invited to join the Christmas Stamping All Year Long Challenge blog!!
(CSAYL for short).
I'm totally delighted 'coz it means I'll be able to make Christmas cards all year! YEAH!!!
The new year at CSAYL starts officially on 6th February,
 so mark your calendars!
Here's a brand new card just for the heck of it, to get me into the swing of it!
It's not a challenge card, just something I whipped up.
 
I cut the stitched circle out with the largest SSS stitched circle die from the set
The hill with the trees is a die from Clearly Besotted.
I coloured them a tad with a Copic marker.
The 'sky' in the background is done with Distress inks.
The snowman and sentiment are from My Favourite Things stamp set, 'Christmas Cuteness'.
Snowflakes doused in Glamour dust (also added to the Santa hat and trees).
The trees are a Magnolia stamp that I stamped then scanned, before cutting them out on my Silhouette Cameo.
(This gives me infinite sizes of tree when needed).

Phew! I feel better now I've got that one under my belt.

I'll be back soon with some more cards.
sig

14 comments:

Nancy said...

WOOHOO for you, Viv! That would be such a great DT to be on! It's a challenge blog? I just might have to join in the fun! I didn't make any Christmas cards for this past Christmas. This could really help me out for next year!
Your card is super cute! :o)

jimlynn said...

Glad to see you back and with such a pretty card too!!! Big congrats on the new DT!
Lynn

Beth Norman said...

Such a cute card. Congratulations on making it on the team. I've got my name in for two so fingers crossed.

Patricia St Martin said...

Your card puts a smile on my face is just darling. Did a great job on the sky in the back I really like your faux stitching, and while you did your winter trees looks nice with a little green in all kinds of sparkles. Having problems with my arthritis again and have Corazon shots today so my hands are pretty painful today so I cannot do any coloring but looking forward to it may be I will feel better tomorrow.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Marilyn said...

Great card Viv and I am so glad to see you back. Congrats on the new DT and it's easy enough to see why they chose you!

Leslie Miller said...

This sounds right up your alley, 'cause you do make the cutest Christmas cards! This one is a perfect example. Darling! Congrats on your new gig! Really hope you're feeling better now.

Jackie said...

Morning Viv, good to see you back and rarin' to go. Congratulations on the new DT post.
Your card is absolutely delightful, I love everything about it :o)
Love and hugs, Jackie xx

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Wey-Hey! Well done Viv. Your card is a real beauty ;)

quilt4fun2 said...

Congratulations to you! What a super job on a sweet card! Feel better soon!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Christine L said...

Big congrats on your fabbie new DT position Viv.... and wowwwww what a way to start it off (although I did note it's actually a Feb start.... I guess it's never too soon when you're excited!) LOVE what you did with this... of course, the distress ink sky behind makes the card perfection!

Big hugs lovely lady..
Christine x

Marisa said...

Darling scene you have created here, Viv :) Love the sparkly snowflakes and negative space. Hoping your get 100 percent healthy soon ((hugs))

Sassy Raggedy said...

How wonderful this is...I loved reading how you did everything. Congrats on your new DT selection. I always love seeing your creations. Hugs, joann

Kat W said...

Huge congrats on your DT spot and having a good excuse to make Christmas cards all year round!
I'm so not that organised!

I'm loving your cute card and how you used the stitched circle die :-)

I hope you're feeling better and that making Christmas cards gets your mojo flowing!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Kim H said...

Oh Viv ~ I am so sorry you were so sick!! Glad to hear you are feeling better! YAY! Well this card is ADORBS and of course I ADORE your coloring but the detail with the snowflakes and the trees ~ EEK! Well this scream jolly to me! ALWAYS amazing over here!! ALWAYS!!!

>