Sunday 2 February 2014

DIY box

What a time I had trying to find a box to fit a bottle of man's cologne!
There are millions of template/tutes for square boxes and boxes with lids, but I wanted a rectangular one that opened at the top.
So, I looked at the other methods and after 4 prototypes, finally managed to make one.
Now, I WILL be grateful to get any links to tutorials that you may know of, that I obviously don't.
In the meantime here's the one I managed finally to get right.....
Quite pleased with it now and I've saved the last prototype as a template.
The box is made with Graphic 45 12x12 paper pad, 'Communique'. 
(From the same pad as the card in my previous post).
The placement of the wording on the box is a happy accident.
I've noticed also, that on hand-made Christmas crackers, 
the pattern always seems to be perfectly placed too! How Weird!
Well, that's it for now. Hope you like my box.

I'll be back at 5pm GMT with a brand new All Dressed Up challenge.
All of you who entered last months, gave us a real headache trying to pick just three out of all your fabulous entries.
I do hope you'll join us again for this one.
See you later!
sig

10 comments:

Tracy said...

ooo i like this mrs ! xxx

Rhonda Emery said...

awesome.hugs

Michelle Short said...

Great box Viv, I love the paper you have chosen too xx

Marisa said...

You rocked it, Viv! Great box :)

Beth Norman said...

Awesome box. Love the paper you used.

Jackie said...

Fabulous box Viv, very clever working it out yourself. You don't need Youtube now :o)
Love, Jackie xx

Kat W said...

So wonderful and love the DP! After all your trouble with the template it turned out fab :-)
Hugs, Kat x

Christine L said...

I love your hand made box... and clever you working it out for yourself... Now I'll know where to come if I need that template!

Big hugs
Christine x

Janice W. said...

Looks great Viv!

Kim H said...

Viv ~ Oh my word this is simply STUNNING! That paper is just FABULOUS and so is that box! I would LOVE to the tutorial on this box! Beautifully done as always! Btw ~ this goes great with the card you made!

>