Tuesday 20 September 2011

Peachy Keen Challenge #61

Hya everyone!
Firstly an apology. I was away all last week in Wales on holiday, 
so I didn't manage to comment on anyone's submissions for the last PK Challenge.
I will do better now I'm back. (We have a set of numbers each for commenting, 
so if I don't get to comment on your project, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you).

OK! On to Challenge # 61
Our amazing Guest Designer this week is the fabulous Jane -AKA The Polka Dot Gypsy!!
You really MUST see her fabulous projects.

THE CHALLENGE
Create a card with the sketch provided & twist incorporated. 
Peachy Keen Stamps are not required to participate, but we always love to see what you create with them if you have them already!

TWIST: Use twine or embroidery floss on your project


Guidelines:
Design must be new
Link up by 3rd October - 11:59 pm CDT (5.59 BST on 4th October)

Here's the Sketch.....
Here's my take on it....
As soon as I saw the sketch, I 'saw' the prow of a ship!
The 'waves' were cut on my Expression using a SCAL file by SVG Attic. using The 'Just Beachy' file.
The lifebuoy is wound with baker's twine.
The Faces are from PK-531, 'Simple Sallies Face Assortment'.
The sun is PK-246 'Large Sun'.
Anchor is a SVG file, but can't remember where from off-hand.
(I'll update as soon as I remember).

Well, I hope you liked my trip outside the norm.
Please make your way to the Peachy Keen Challenge Blog!
You are going to be blown away by what my DT sisters have created for you!
I'm SO privileged to be part of this team.

Have a great week and HAPPY CRAFTING!!!
sig

14 comments:

Marisa said...

Too stinking cute, Viv! Love the waves and smiling faces in the portholes :) fabulous use of the sketch!!

Samantha Casey said...

WOW VIV! This is so incredibly charming and amazing! I just stare in awe at your creation. This is perfect in every way shape and form! Hugs!
-Sam

Janice W. said...

This is definitely one of my favorites! So original and creative and the colors are fantastic! LOVE it Viv!!!

Jackie said...

Your card is fandabidozy Viv. I think the anchor is from SVGblog :o)
Jackie xx

Glora said...

Viv, I totally love how you made a ship out of this sketch. It is perfect. I love all those perfect little details. AMAZING! Hugs- Glora

Kim. said...

I love it! As soon as I saw this on the Peachy blog I laughed, it is so so cute and I love all the little extra's especially the lifesaver ring.
Kim xXx

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Viv,Such a BEAUTIFUL card!AWESOME job with the sketch,It sooo COOL!I just LOVE all the SWEET details on it,TO CUTE!AMAZING job as always!!:)

Renee said...

Viv this is so cute! Love the cute faces and love the colors and theme….too cute!

Unknown said...

Hi Viv, fabulous creation! Hope you are well hun, long time no see!

Hugs, Barbara xx

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Such a cute card Viv. LOVE the wave effect and the faces in the windows are so perfect. x

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Fab use of the sketch Viv;)
What a creative mind you have!

Trail of Treasures said...

This has got to be one of my FAVOURITE cards of all time! This is SO creative Vivienne! Love how you incorporated the adorable peachy faces and the twine!! A fabulous scene!!

Hugs,
Tracey

Jessica Bashaw said...

So cute Vivienne... I wish I had seen this sooner! I am SO BAD at blog hopping on a regular basis... :) Love the card and thanks for using my files! :)

Irishgal01103 said...

Such a great card! You should be so proud :)

>