Sunday 24 April 2011

A birthday card for my D-i-L

It's my Daughter -in-Law's birthday today and she wants to get into scrap-booking. I'm glad, 'coz my granddaughter is a little smasher and a scrap book will be wonderful. So, I bought her her first scrap book for her birthday and Pam, my best bud and I, have given her loads of 12x12 papers to start her off.

Here's a photo of Teigan having a 'picnic'. It will make a lovely scrapbook page.


and the card for Vicki.


I coloured my gorgeous image with Copics as per usual! lol
She is called 'Little Rapunzel' and is a digi image by Elisabeth Bell.
You can find her HERE.
I'm still learning to colour hair and although it's far from perfect, I'm quite pleased with it.
The paper is a snippet of the DCWV Linen Closet on a base of Kraft CS.
(That stuff is as rare as hen's teeth 'over here)!!
The die cut circle is a Nestie, but you all knew that didn't you.
The gorgeous pearly swirl is from Peachy Keen! Yep! PK are stocking some AMAZING accessories now.
Go check 'em out HERE! (Click on 'supplies', after you've ogled all the new cool stamps). 
The sentiment is from Papermania.
Well, I hope you are having a peaceful and Happy Easter. 'Till next time.......

sig

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You're granddaughter is as cute as button! And I dream of one day of being able to use the Copics as well as you do! Happy Easter:) http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Robin said...

Such a pretty card. I think you did an awesome job on her hair. Your right about the pic of your granddaughter .... It will make a great scrapbook page. She is quite the little cutie! TFS
(:(:SMILES:):)
Robin

Kathryn said...

This is a very pretty card, and if I was you DiL I would love it. TFS

Carla said...

What a gorgeous card!!! Your coloring is so beautiful. Happy Easter. Hugs,

Glora said...

Your grand daughter is ADORABLE. And your daughter in law will be lucky to have you to help her on her new papercrafting journey. I love the card. So beautiful! Hugs- Glora

Beth Norman said...

Your granddaughter is indeed adorable and the photo definitely will make an awesome scrapbook layout. Hurrah that DIL wants to scrap.

Your card is so, so cute. I love all that blue. Your colouring rocks. For the life of me I can't affix swirls like you can. When I pull them off the paper to adhere them on, they turn into a muck.

Happy Easter.

Love Beth

Maureen Reiss said...

Really pretty card!!

Marisa said...

What a cutie :) Love the special relationship grandparents have with their grandkids. Card is fabulous too! Aren't those lacy nesties the bomb!!

Jackie said...

A gorgeous card Viv, but an even more gorgeous Teigan. I cannot believe how the time has flown since she was born! :o)
Jackie xx

Kim H said...

Oh isn't she ADORABLE! She looks so darn cute and having a picnic! I LOVE that you gave such a GREAT gift to your daughter-in-law and how it will be full circle with your granddaughter too! Great idea!
Thanks for sharing!
Oops... LOVE the card too!
But I always LOVE your cards!

>