Friday 16 July 2010

The results of my handiwork!

Have you missed me? I hope so.
I've been ultra busy and ultra tired after spending nearly a week re-decorating my living room.
I thought I'd share a couple of before and after pics..... so you can see I've been AWOL for a good reason.
My son Paul, aided by my grandson Adam, stripped the walls for me and Paul emulsioned the ceiling.
Then it was all down to me. The wallpaper hanging, the painting and the setting the room to rights again.
I'm really quite pleased with the result.

BEFORE

  
My son and grandson (and Harvey)


My son Paul, acting daft


 AFTER

(The Sky channel showing on the TV isn't what you think)! LOL





The horrible suite is going in two weeks when our beautiful new leather suite arrives. I can't WAIT!!!


sig

9 comments:

Margreet said...

wow Viv....this looks very great....now you only want to stay in that room and so you have no time for crafting anymore....lmao
xxx Margreet

Handcrafted With Love said...

Oh my gosh you have been working hard Viv but what a transformation - it really looks wonderful and it'll look even better when the new suite arrives too! Well done now rest a little!

Love Pam xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Vivienne, I do hope you are going to take it easy for a bit now, you must be exhausted, I know I was after decorating my bedroom a couple of months ago. Take care of yourself love.
Your room looks stunning, love the colour scheme, and i see youve got a wii board as well. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Jackie said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Viv, you didn't have to do all that just cuz we are invading you on Sunday LOL.
It looks fantastic, bet it don't look like that by Sunday night :o)
Jackie xx

issy said...

Great job Viv, it looks fabulous.. you can now sit back and admire it...
But I wont see it on Sunday, booohooo I shall sit home and sulk...
but have a great day with the girls.. and enjoy the day... you deserve it after all that work..

x
issy

Christine said...

Hi Viv it looks gorgeous hope your relaxing a tad now??? Ive finished painting 9 new doors & have to decorate thro the bungalow in this heat not nice..enjoy your new leather suite..

Hugs Christine xx

Marisa said...

Your room reno looks fabulous!! Enjoy enjoying it :D

icelady said...

What a transformation, it looks great Viv, cant wait to see it for real tomorrow :-))

Beckie Williams said...

It looks so good...you are so lucky to have a handy son!!

>