Monday 26 July 2010

My last card as Guest Designer for Karen's Doodles

Aww, How time flies when you're having fun. It only seems 5 minutes ago that Sandy asked me to guest design for Karen's Doodles(US)!
Where DOES the time go. I've had a marvellous time and can't thank Karen's Doodles and Sandy enough for the fun time I've had.
Ah well, all good things must come to an end, so let's get started. 

The theme this week is 'WHITE ON WHITE!

Every element on your card must be white, (except the image).

I chose the adorable image... 'I didn't do it' 'coz it's SO like my fur-baby, Harvey.
He's coloured with Copics and embellished with Nestability and Sizzix (I think), die cuts.
The 'feathers' are punched out birch leaves cut all around to get the effect.
(The technique is actually called 'feathering').
A band of white ribbon completes the picture.


(This card is a particular favourite of mine and I'll be loath to part with it).

Thanks for the ride Karen's Doodles!

sig

17 comments:

Jackie said...

Viv, it's brilliant. I thought of Harvey immediately I saw it :o)
Jackie xx

icelady said...

no wonder you want to keep it Viv , it's adorable

mckinkle said...

Oh Viv this is just BRILLIANT! I do love the white but the best is the image, yes, he must have been modelled on Harvey surely!

The detail of the tiny feathers is perfect, you sure are one very talented lady!

Keryn x

shulsart said...

Viv, this is a fabulous card, the feathers made from a leaf punch are just brilliant! He looks so cute in the middle of all that white. You have been such a great Guest Designer for Karen's Doodles. Thanks so much for joining with us this month.

Marisa said...

Too cute!! LOVE The added feathers!

Glora said...

This is AMAZING, INCREDIBLE and WONDERFUL! You are truly amazing!

Beth Norman said...

Wow, love all this white. Your image is coloured very well. Awesome Viv.

My Creative Time said...

WOW, Sweet Viv~ this is BEAUTIFUL!!! YOU DID AN AWESOME job my friend!!
Big Peachy Hugs,
Emma;)

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

Your card is so adorable and cute. He really looks like a little face that says....I DID NOT DO IT !.
You would not think white on white would be so beautiful, but it sure is.

tfs
hugs
bobbi

Raven B said...

VIV this is great. I love that dog.
Hugs,
Raven

Hollyhock said...

I can't think of anything to say other than it's brilliantly perfect! I love how you made it 3-D with the feathers as if they came out of the pillow. Wonderfully done!

beejay said...

Yay, I won! I am so grateful to you, and so excited to have won the gift certificate! Thank you thank you... now my only problem is deciding which of the new PK sets to purchase... hmmmm
And your card is amazing!! I love the whole thing, the image you did such a good job coloring, the 'feathers' - great technique I will have to try.

issy said...

Brilliant Viv, totally awsome, n its got me boyfriend on too.. so it was bound to be a winner eh! Cant you just see him with a feather pillow (lol)

x
issy

CarlaKH said...

what an adorable card...just love it! woof!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Viv, stunning card, love the feathers, you clever thing. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Christine said...

Hi Viv think its all been said about this stunner gorgeou white on white yet we dont do it enough fab image &&& the feathers..I have this corner die its a set of 4 Cuttle bug corner dies..called Vintage..

Hugs Christine xx

Janice W. said...

Viv this is just the cutest card ever!!! Love the white on white and the feathers you created are genius! I wouldn't want to part with this either! Amazing!

>