Thursday 17 December 2009

Peachy Keen Challenge #18.

Hello everyone.
I'm sorry if you've missed me this past few days. I've been so busy organising stuff for Mum's funeral and to be honest, not really felt like blogging. I'm sure you understand.
Thank you SO much to everyone for your kind thoughts, condolences and comments..
You are wonderful and I appreciate you all so much at this difficult time. We will be saying goodbye to Mum on Monday 21st.

Yesterday, (Tuesday) was Peachy Keen's Challenge #18. The challenge is a sketch and you will find all the details on the Peachy Keen Challenge blog. As usual, there is an amazing prize for participating. So, hot foot it over there quick sticks and get your entries in before 27th December.

Here's my card following the sketch more or less as is. (I didn't really have time with all that's happening to play about with it as much as I wanted to).

I just HAD to use my favourite snowman for the challenge. I love him to bits.
He's from the set PK-329, 'Chill Baby Chill'. As are the greeting and the snowflake I used on the second matt.
I sponged the card, (Forever Friends 'Gift Wrapped' CS) with SU's Bashful Blue ink.
'Chilli' as I call him, was coloured with Copics and lightly sponged with the Bashful Blue ink around the Nestability square die I used. (I found the silver pearls on eBay and bought loads).

 Hope you like him as much as I do and that you join in with us at Peachy Keen. We love to see what you come up with.

Thanks for calling by and for your support.

Viv xxx

18 comments:

Heartland Creek Graphics said...

He sure is adorable Viv and you made a very sweet card with this fellow :)
My thoughts are with you in these difficult time.
Big hugs,
Vera

Janice W. said...

Hi Viv,
I have been thinking about you and wishing you well. I know how difficult it is to loose your Mum. :(
Your card is darling! Bless you for hanging in there this week!
Big hugs, Janice

Jackie said...

Viv, what an utterly gorgeous card and considering the pressure you are under at the moment you have done an excellent job with a very cute image :o)
I will be with you in spirit on Monday.
Love and hugs
Jackie xx

Brenda said...

I first would like to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your Mum.

Your card is adorable and I kind of like the fella myself. I am impressed that you made a card during this time of sadness.

You and your family will be in my thoughts.

You always have such nice comments when you post about a card that I have made.

Hugs,Brenda

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

Dear Sweet Vivienne,
I hope you are faring okay today. I can't even imagine what this has been like for you. Please know that you are in my heart and my prayers daily.
YOUR CARD.. is stunning as always! I love how you made the snowflake background and your blue, white and brown color choices are just gorgeous! You have colored this snowman just perfectly! Thank you so much for all you do for us at Peachy Keen Stamps! You are a treasure in every way!
Lots of love and hugs,
Your friend,
Kathy

Nannieflash said...

Hi Viv, I will be thinking of you on Monday, and I hope it all goes well for you.
Love your character hes gorgeous and the card is fantastic with the colouring is beautiful. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxx

thread-bare said...

Viv, I hope your crafting has helped you through this time. I am sure not just Monday but the whole of next week will be a mixture of tears & joy. The card is beautiful & Chilli is adorable. Take care of yourself & my thoughts are with you xx Clare x

Nikki Foraker said...

so so sorry for you loss...this card is AMAZING!!!! i just absolutely LOVE it!!!

big hugs from across the pond!

nikki

Natalie said...

Super cute card Viv. I hope everything goes well on Monday, I will be thinking of you. x

Lynne in NI said...

Good to see you're back Viv ... hope you're doing OK.
I know what you're going through, so sending Big Hugs your way.
x

Jodi Collins said...

I have been thinking about you sweet Viv! I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers...hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, he's sweet! The colors and layers are perfect for him. Love those silver pearls, too! I hope you're doing okay. I remember very well when my Mom passed and I spent the week taking care of her business when my heart was heavy. Take care.

Saskia said...

Lovely card Viv!

Take care!

Sweet greetings, Saskia

issy said...

He's a real cutie Viv, and coloured to perfection.

issy

shulsart said...

Adorable card, I agree with you, Viv, this snowman is adorable. Take the time from blogging to do the things you need to do. We will be here when you are ready. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Miss Giebel said...

Viv, this card is so super cute. I love the blue and the brown combo!! the ribbon and the little snowflakes are pefect!! Hope you're doing ok...you are loved! {{hugs}}

Ila said...

Gorgeous card Viv!!..what a Sweetie this little snowman is!!...Take Care!!..Hugs, Ila

Alex said...

Cute snowman and lovely colour combo :)

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

>