Thursday 11 June 2009

SASSC19 with sugar on top!!

Hi everyone! Welcome once again, to the Stamps and Smiles, Fresh Batch Thursday challenge. Every Thursday we post a NEW sketch challenge, we warmly invite you to play along!!

Here's your gorgeous sketch, created by the extremely talented Mercy Kerin. We'd love for you to play along, please use your favorite stamps and supplies (It's great if you do have them of course). :0)



There is no time limit to your entries and if you upload to SCS, please include the keyword "stampsandsmiles". Please post your card using Mr Linky, (underneath the DT sample cards) on the Fresh Batch blog. You will also see the fabulous samples created by our mega talented DT.



On my sample, I've used Cuppy from the stamp set 'Hello Spring'. I think this one is one of my favourites as it's SO versatile!! Cuppy is coloured with Copics and sprinkled with Glamour Dust on her icing to look like sugar. I watermarked the Bazzil CS with a flower from the Happy Spring set. (Just the head of the flower).



I inked with SU's Pretty in Pink. The white panel is embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder (Very similar to the Cuttlebug ones, but these come in pairs). The other one in the set is a Swiss Dots type one. I blushed the edges of the Nestability label die with the SU Pretty In Pink ink. The corners were made with my EK Success photo corner Whale of a Punch. The sentiment is from 'Carl the Cupcake' set.



I got the two sizes by punching the top layer from a corner of my paper, but left a gap at the bottom and side. This gives a smaller version. It's a bit Heath Robinson, but basically works and saves buying another punch!!!



I hope you like the card and will give the challenge a go. We look forward to seeing what you create. Thanks for stopping by today, I appreciate your visit a great deal.




Please leave me a comment to let me know you've been by - It makes my day!!











X X X

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Not a word I normally use but this is truly scrumptious Viv. I love every little bit of it :o)
Jackie xx

Cindy Haffner said...

What a cutie!!!!!!!!!

Natalie said...

Viv this is so cute. x

Beth Norman said...

Great job with the sketch. I like the corners that you added. Your sparkle on the icing is yummy!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card and design Viv! What an adorable layout and I LOVE how you colored up Cuppy!

Stamping Hugs, Jennifer :)

Vickilyn said...

Love this Vivienne!!! I always find EXTREME talent here!!

Anonymous said...

oh so totally yummy!! love the sparkly icing and the RIBBON!!

thread-bare said...

Another fantastic card Viv & I like the way you have created the 2 layers xx Clare x

>