Wednesday 11 March 2009

SAS Thursday Challenge!

Whoo Hoo! It's Thursday and that means..........
Stamps and Smiles Challenge #6.

Here's this week's sketch for you to play with.
(There's no time limit to any of the sketches).

I just LOVE these pretty sketches, don't you?
Please join in and when you've created your card, put a link to it on Stamps and Smiles.

Here's my card.

This card was made using the 'Cuppy Love' set.
See all the SAS sets at the Stamps and Smiles store.

I turned the sketch on it's side and coloured Cuppy with Copics.
She's SO easy to colour!
I shined her ribbon with Glossy accents.
The flowers are Papermania, with a dot of Liquid Pearls in 'Ruby Red' in the centre.
The leaves/branches are from my Leone Em punch. The spotted pink DP is SU. The background paper is one from my stash of ones I collect on my rounds of craft shops.
The larger dots are sparkly but you can't tell in this photo.
(I'm not brilliant at photography as you may have gathered). LOL
The 'I love you' sentiment is from this set too.
........................

Using the same sketch, I made this for my Brother -in-Law as it is his birthday today.


Happy birthday Edward!!!
Image stamped from the SU 'Lovely as a tree' set.
The papers are SU Retired DP 'Certainly Celery' on a CS of bashful blue.
I matted the SU 'circle of friendship' stamp on black card, punched out with a flower punch, as I seem to have lost my smallest scalloped Nestie! Oooh Nooo!
The 'family' sentiment is one of a boxed set of six by Hero Arts called 'Word Borders'.
The little arrow and the round green brads are from my stash.
Don't forget to visit Stamps and Smiles for further details and to see the other Sketch Team member's fabulous creations.


Thanks for dropping in. Feel free to leave me a comment.
I'd love to know what you think. ;0)



XXXX

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I love the the little leaves for the accents and the colors are so pretty together!

Pam Varnell said...

Wanna know what I think? I think this card is too stinkin' cute!! Love the way you colored Cuppy and the primas and leaves add a nice touch.

The card for your BIL is great too. You did a great job on the "man" card. Those are so hard for me to make.

LORi said...

Wow! Viv...These are both excellent!!

You color Cuppy so well!! Your tree card is so elegant!!!

Blessings,
LORI BOYD

Ila said...

Both of these cards are Fabulous!! the Cuppy image is just the Cutest..the papers and pretty flowers look Wonderful!!....the card for your BIL is So Perfect!!...I love the SU trees..and colors!..Hugs, Ila

Gina said...

These cards are gorgeous Viv, I just love the top image it is so cute :) will be joining in again with this sketch :)
Gina xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your sweet cards, awesome job.

Anonymous said...

Viv,
These are both perfect. The pink one so pretty and the one for your BIL is so classy. As we all know cards for men are notoriously difficult.
As I have told you before, your cards are always a joy to view.
Luv
Lindiloo
xx

Unknown said...

once again...you have knocked this sketch out of the park, vivi! and not just once today, but TWICE! love both of these cards...especially the masculine card. i can't make a masculine card to save my life! LOL!

awesome job with the sketch this week, sweetie!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Sue said...

Two gorgeous cards, the cakes are so cute, i luv that tree stamp beautiful card, sue.x

Jennifer Meyer said...

Fabulous cards Viv!! Your Cuppy card is SO sweet and your coloring is amazing!!

LOVE the Birthday card too, you rocked this amazing sketch twice!!

Hugs to you, Jennifer :)

Bev said...

Viv these cards are just amazing - so totally different and equally stunning! I love the look of this sketch, I'm going to give it a whirl I think x

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Just adore these two Viv :o)
Both so different and both stunning :o)

Jackie said...

Absolutely superb Viv, I love both of them. Your colouring is excellent as it always is. Will be having a go at this one today hopefully :o)
Jackie xx

Natalie said...

Stunning cards Viv. x

Lora said...

I love the cup cake card it's sooo cute. I just found your blog and have been looking on here for half an hour! You are very talented.
Lora x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

These cards are gorgeous Viv, but i am loving the cupcake imnage. Got to go and take a look at the webshop now. Thats not good, believe me!! hugs Linda x

shulsart said...

Oh, Viv. Love the flowers, perfect accents on the Cuppy card and wonderful color choices. Your card for your Brother-in-Law has such nice clean lines and crisp colors. A great "guy" card. Thanks for sharing.

Fiber Babble said...

Your BIL's card is stunning - great job!

Happy Blogoversary!

icelady said...

Fabulous cards Viv as always, and very happy blogaversary to you

Linda Crowder said...

Enjoyed the update. Sounds like you had a great day. Glad your arm isn't too bad but bet it is tonight after all the activity. I wish it would get better, and I know you do. Hang in there. Later....

Christine said...

Love both cards, the cake one is so cute & Bils is just perfect love the colour combo.

Christine xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!

thread-bare said...

What a great couple of cards. Will have to pop over to this blog & have a look around xx

>