Thursday 8 May 2008

Grandson's Birthday Card

Thanks to Terrie, I managed to do my Grandson, Luke's, 18th birthday card.
I happened to visit her gorgeous blog today and found the inspiration for this card here!



Photobucket



The sentiment is a bit hard to read as my photographic skills aren't all that brilliant.


It says...


'There are souls in this world
who have the gift of finding Joy everywhere
and of leaving it behind them when they go'.



He is the kind of young man who doesn't find it 'uncool' to see his Nanna (me)in the street


and give her a big hug and a kiss, bless him. He's a lovely young man.



I've used lime green CS matted with Basic Grey's 'Scarlet's Letter' DP.


Faux stitched the sentiment matt and stamped with 'Souls in this World' by Verses Rubber Stamps.


(That's what it says on the stamp anyway). Ink is Fluid Chalk Eyes 'Chestnut Roan'.


The '18' was cut using my Cuttlebug and the metal 'L' Initial tag and frame is from a PaperMania set.


Must go and check out CCT now for another challenge!

7 comments:

Handcrafted With Love said...

Well done Viv ...... I just know that Luke will love his card (especially as you have made it!)

Love Pam xx

Natalie said...

What a great card, I am sure he will love it. x

My Paper World said...

It's gorgoeus Viv! and what a lovely sentiment! xx

Anonymous said...

Ah Viv...bless you ,you are sweet."Thankyou" for your inspiration...
Hope you all have a great time on his "special" Day...Your card and the sentiment is gorgeous he will love it Viv:)xxxBig (((hugs)))

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow.. awesome viv.
this is a faboulous layout and very nice card. iam sure Luke will love it . The greens are prefect for an 18 year old boy "teenager"

hugs
claudia

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Viv, I am sure he is going to LOVE this card that his Nanna made him! Happy Birthday to Luke!

Stamping hugs,
Jennifer :)

Michelle Short said...

Great card, love the colours and papers., Greeat layout. I bet Luke loved it :0) xx

>